13 November 2007

Thanksgiving

It's cold, dark and rainy here tonight. Typical November weather I suppose. The sun is now setting around 4:00 and lately I feel as though I'm absolutely frozen while standing at the bus stop each night after work. I don't like riding the bus in general, but standing by myself in the dark leaves me hating the experience even more.

We're enjoying having our weekends free lately, as much as we do love to travel, it's nice to get caught up on life in between trips :) We're going to have a quiet Thanksgiving this year with just the two of us. We came close to having guests, which we were really excited about. Chris' cousin Margaret and her husband Carl recently moved to Belgium and planned to visit us, but Carl now has to be back in the U.S. to get his visa sorted, so they're unable to come. I'm so happy our visas were taken care of before we made the move! It sounds like Belgian laws are quite a bit stricter than UK laws. So anyway, we'll be having a Thanksgiving meal on that Saturday and we also plan to put up our Christmas tree :)


This is the first time that either of us has done Thanksgiving on our own and it's been interesting discussing what we should have to eat and what we should do that day (on the day we're celebrating). I want to watch the Macy's parade, which I'm sure I can find online, but Chris has absolutely no interest in that. He doesn't want cranberries and neither of us wants green bean casserole. His number one request is yams and mine is baking powder biscuits. He wants pumpkin pie. I'd prefer raspberry chiffon pie, but am unable to make it without our stand mixer (best wedding gift ever!), so we'll have pumpkin pie.