30 November 2007

UK Crisps

I always thought that flavors of chips (called crisps here) were quite odd in the UK, but my opinion was sealed today when I saw turkey & stuffing flavored chips! I brought them home for Chris to try who was shocked to discover that they did in fact taste exactly like turkey & stuffing.


I think part of what makes the flavors so strange is how many are meat related. For example, they have the following meat flavors...
lamb & mint
gammon (ham)
roast beef
BBQ rib
roast chicken
smoky bacon
steak & onion

Other flavors that I find odd include...
tomato ketchup
worcestershire sauce
prawn (shrimp) cocktail
marmite yeast extract

Brits love their crisps and there is an entire half aisle devoted to them at the store (the only item that has more shelf space at the grocery store is alcohol!).