15 April 2007

Back Home

After being gone for a week, I'm just now catching up on the blogs I like to read. Jenn's is one of my favorites because she too is an American living in the UK. Her most recent entry (dated April 13) reflects on a topic that I have previously mentioned on my blog and that is the crazy system the UK has for rewarding single pregnant mothers. I found her perspective to be interesting - http://jennredd.typepad.com/

Chris and I had a very low-key weekend. He's been in lab catching up on work, while I sort through things at home. Laundry is always a tedious chore here due to not having a dryer, but being gone for a week really compounds the problem. We've been enjoying the weather here lately. Today was a record high...73 degrees. Keep in mind, this is a country where the temperature rarely rises above 60s even in the dead of summer. The warm weather, lack of rain and long daylight hours has been wonderful!