07 June 2008

Update

It's been awhile since I've blogged, so I thought it was time for an update. Not too much happening here. We've been both sick since returning from the U.S. (just colds) so we haven't felt like doing much. We did go to a birthday party for my co-worker this past week which was fun. The weather was nice enough to sit outside while we grilled out. Michelle, the birthday girl, is on the far right in the photo below.



We still do not have home internet access, which has become increasingly frustrating! I'm at Chris' office right now to catch-up on e-mails. AOL has a different excuse every time we call but supposedly we should be reconnected any day now...we've heard this since April 25 when we first called about problem.

Tomorrow we're going to Chris' labmate's house for a BBQ which I'm looking forward to. I haven't seen her in quite awhile because she's on maternity leave right now (which is typically 9 months in the UK), so I'll get to meet her son for the first time tomorrow.

Next weekend we're going to Exmoor National Park in SW England to watch our friend Dario compete in a half-Ironman race. We're spending Friday through Sunday there, so I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much.