04 February 2007

Missing Madison

Days like today are one the few days that I don't miss Madison. When I brought up my Google homepage just now, it informed me that it's minus 11 degrees in Madison right now and 50 degrees in Birmingham (at 10:00am and 4:00pm respectively).

Not only is it fairly warm here, but it's also not raining! Yesterday, there was not a cloud in the sky, so we took advantage of the fantastic weather and walked downtown via the canal, which is something we haven't done in a long time (since October I think).

We go back and forth as to where we'd like to live after we leave England. Chris says he'd accept a job from UW in a heartbeat because he really liked living in Madison. However, yesterday we were kicking around the idea of the Oregon/Washington area, which has weather similar to here in the sense of rain and mild temperatures. I guess we won't know anything for certain until late '08/early '09, but it is fun to talk about where we might settle back in the U.S.