22 December 2006

No More Temping!

Today was my last day temping...actually it was only 1/2 a day as we finished early for the company Christmas party which is tonight (I'm skipping it). I'm so glad to be done! The job was ok, but I dreaded the incredibly long journey to and from work each day.

I'm also so glad to be done with the job search process...and that was the first feeling that emerged when I got a phone call tonight from the NHS who I interviewed with 2 weeks ago. Apparently, their first choice candidate has backed out and so they've now offered me the position. Initially, this job was my first choice, but even though it's very close to where we live and the pay is slightly better, I have declined their offer. It's just no longer worth the stress. I made the decision to work at Newman College and I'm sticking with it!!

The pictures below show a couple of my co-workers. The first picture is of Becky, who has become a good friend of mine. She's temping because she just graduated from college with a fine arts degree and is saving money for an "around-the-world" trip in 2008. She and her boyfriend will be visiting India, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and Peru.

This picture was taken by my co-worker Racheal who grabbed my camera when I wasn't looking. Bob was definitely one of my favorite co-workers, I really enjoyed sitting across from his because he's just an incredibly nice guy.