14 March 2008

A Quiet Weekend

Chris and I are both sick, which means it's going to be a quiet weekend. Just colds, but annoying all the same. His is respiratory and greatly affected by his asthma. The timing is ok though. The forecast is for heavy rains all weekend and we have no commitments, with the exception of a 6 mile charity run on Sunday that Chris will no longer be able to do.

We're both hopeful that we feel 100% for my brother's arrival on Thursday. We're excited to see him and visit Normandy in France. The boys will also be spending some time in London at the Imperial War Museum. I never imagined I'd marry someone who enjoys reading about WWII as much as my brother. It's freaky how similar they are!

Chris' job search is moving very slowly but we finally have a lead, so we're clinging to that. Chris has been asked to a lunch meeting during his conference in Atlanta next month to discuss a post-doc opportunity at the Blood Center of Wisconsin (connected with the Medical College in Milwaukee).

It's so strange to think about moving back to Wisconsin. I never thought it was a possibility until now. Chris is so excited at the thought of getting back into triathlons and being able to collaborate with his former colleagues at UW. Of course, I'm excited at the idea of being close to most of my friends and family again. We'll know more after April 16!