18 March 2007

I Miss Our Stuff

With the exception of dish duty, I tend to stay out of the kitchen as Chris is by far the superior cook. With Chris gone for the weekend however, I decided to make some jam bars tonight and found that it was quite difficult to do without a pastry blender. My very nice Pampered Chef pastry blender is stored safely away in my Mom's basement, where it will stay until 2009 when Chris and I return to the United States. Of course, we came here to travel, not cook, so it's totally worth not having access to all the things we're accustom to having however there is everyday life in between our travels :)

Speaking of traveling, I came across a great website today for European tours called Budget Expeditions. These tours provide a very affordable way of seeing Europe because you stay at campsites as opposed to hotels. For Chris and I, who both enjoy camping, I think this will be an ideal way to travel. We learned the benefits of being part of a tour in Egypt, where our accomodation and transportation was all arranged for us. I like to tease Chris about being "old" but in the case of these tours he really is because the maximum age allowed is 35 (minimum age of 18).

Other items I miss not having are my scrapbook supplies, however I've found that photo books are a great alternative. I recently ordered one through Shutterfly, which Chris' parents kindly let me ship to their house and then brought with them to give to us (ordering from U.S. websites is so much cheaper!). I'm very impressed with the quality and it was really easy to do...much quicker than doing a scrapbook. Of course, it's not possible to include as many items in a photo book but I was able to add many of our Egypt mementos by simply scanning them.